I encourage everyone who is a member to register as a user for the site to receive up to date news, study topics, and publications.
The following resources will be made available to registered users endowed with the “Author Role”.
- Posting of public or private (members only) articles, pictures, videos, comments and links.
- Participation in video chat with other members and real-time presentation.
- Public and members only Calendars along with event notification.
What to expect (Initial policy):
Following your initial registration the site will automatically assign your user account a “Subscriber Role”. This role will only permit you to change your profile, read publicly flagged content, receive calendar / event notification emails, and watch live video “Webcast” when they occur.
Every month a list of currently paid members will be compared with a list of registered users. Users in good standing will have their accounts (roles) upgraded to Contributor then to Author after vetting.
Your first two postings (as a Contributor) will not appear until they are approved by a site administrator. Subsequent postings (as an Author) will not require vetting and will appear immediately after you create / edit your post.
What is the structure ?
This WordPress based site employes the following hierarchical user structure.
There are six pre-defined roles: Super Admin, Administrator, Editor, Author, Contributor and Subscriber.
Each role is allowed to perform a set of tasks called Capabilities.
There are many capabilities including “publishing posts”, “moderating comments”, and “editing users”.
Summary of Roles
- Super Admin – somebody with access to the site network administration features and all other features.
- Administrator – somebody who has access to all the administration features within a single site.
- Editor – somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users and edit the primary calendars.
- Author – somebody who can publish and manage their own posts and participate in or establish Video Chat sessions.
- Contributor – somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them. This will be a paid member who has had at least two post approved.
- Subscriber – somebody who can only manage their profile, read publicly flagged content, receive Calendar/event notification emails, and watch live video “Webcast” when they occur.
How it works:
The prescribed policy described above is in no way “set in stone”. This is just a best effort for initial administration and a starting point for increased and effective collaboration with in the Phoenix Theosophical Society.
The more this site is utilized —– the more links it will draw —— eventually reaching enough momentum to create greater interest in membership. Obtaining and using an Author level account will be essential for this purpose.
Please note that this site is fractionally useful as a commissioned work or static brochure. The www.theosophyinphoenix.org site is structured to harness, reflect and clarify the collaborative effort of its constituent members. Every effort is being made to ensure that infrastructure dependencies on closed source software, third-party services, pay-walls and content censors / ransomers have been eliminated or at least nullified.
Despite the large number of features instantiated in this site, many will find it easy to use, while others will have enormous difficulty understanding and using the tools presented. Please draw on the many solutions manifest in Theosophical teachings and quell any significant disparity before it can become destructive.
This will be a place for your contributions, insights, work and a tool for building your community.
Please feel free send me an email with any questions, concerns or ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org